Sunday 10 October 2010

Autumn Days in a Park in Wales

I do like Autumn as a season; the colours are so pretty, it's cool enough that I can start to get out my cosy knitted goodies out of the wardrobe, but not as drab and dreary as Winter gets here - winter light here in Wales is very dull, flat and grey. It can make you feel very dreary, and want to hibernate away from the world...

... but we aren't there yet! We have a gorgeous little park opposite us called Thompson's Park, which we enjoy going on walks in. 




The sun was out this afternoon, and it was quite mild for October, and I enjoyed a lovely walk with Stew my husband. The colours out were fantastic, and I got some pics on my phone whilst we walked around... 





After having a pretty stressful and busy time recently, it was great to get out in the fresh air and relax before another hectic week at the office kicks off again. It's also given me some great inspiration for some new items in some of these gorgeous colours; greens, golds, reds, russets and browns.


On getting back I turned my inspiration into a Fall themed treasury, featuring some of the work of fellow Etsians who have nailed the Autumn vibe perfectly!


'Autumnal Colours in the Fall' by debs102

Inspired by my walk in the park today, this is my tribute to Autumn!


Genevie the bunny i...
$15.00

Waving Woods - 184 ...
$27.25

6 Cranberry Wool Fe...
$12.00

NEW - Orange Coffee...
$15.00

Mustard Yellow Fing...
$25.00

Candy Corn Candles ...
$11.00

AUTUMN FALL TREE AP...
$3.00

Fall Leaves Necklac...
$30.00

Cinnamon and Butter...
$16.00

Tree
$90.00

fall harvest - fuzz...
$17.00

Little knitted hedg...
$15.00

Brass Leaf Earrings
$13.50

The Fairy Forest - ...
$45.00

Silver Orchid Trio ...
$23.00

Autumn Tree -- 70.8...
$48.95

 I hope you enjoy it! 


*** Update - I'm knitting the Christmas giveaway prize as we speak - will launch the competition on 31st October, or sooner if we reach 200 blog followers! It is going to be a fantastic prize! ***

Debs

No comments:

Post a Comment