Saturday 17 July 2010

Blog Feature - GooseEatFox

This is my second in a series of features of different crafty sellers from around the world - this week I'm featuring the wonderful GooseEatFox!

Q: How did you start out on Etsy?


I first heard of Etsy when I was in college, and I was always envious of people who had a shop! But the time was never right until after I graduated, when I finally had some free time... so I decided to take the plunge. It's been great -- it's opened up a whole other world for me. The artist/crafter community is a neat culture, and I'm really enjoying it. My mission here is clothing rehabilitation, creating re-constructed clothing and accessories.


Q: What inspires you as an artist?

Nothing inspires me more as an artist than a long trip to the thrift store. It's just so full of *potential*... it literally makes me giddy. I love to pick up something and say to myself, "What can this *become*?" Being able to remake something, to give it a new purpose, a new direction, is really cool for me. It's poetry.

Q: What are you working on at the moment?


Right now, I'm working mostly on marketing and taking better photos. I feel like I've got a pretty good handle on the actual creation process; my products are good. Presenting them in a way that does them justice, and getting them "out there" is a bit more of a challenge for me. But I'm working on it, new skills take time.

Q: What do you do when you aren't working on your Etsy store?

Outside of Etsy, I'm an organic farmer in the Rio Grande Valley in New Mexico. It's been my dream for years to be a farmer, and I'm having a blast!


***PROMOTION***

GooseEatFox is taking part in the Etsy-wide Christmas in July Sale from 11-31st July - and is offering FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING on all items in store!


Thanks a lot to BackwoodSophisticate for being my 100th blog follower! Looking to launch my next blog giveaway NEXT WEEK in celebration - more details to follow...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome feature! I love how she's madly inspired by thrift shop trips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found you... Lovely blog & shop!

    ReplyDelete