Wednesday 7 July 2010

Another Birthday, another milestone...

"Why is a birthday cake the only food you can blow on and spit on and everybody rushes to get a piece?"

I am writing this in anticipation of my 25th birthday on the 8th July. It's a cause for reflection, contemplation... and celebration!

It's been a truly rubbish year, same as the truly rubbish year the year before if honest... but I'm optimistic things will pick up soon. Highlights so far in 2010 include getting married (my first birthday as Mrs Harding!) and spending more time with good friends.

To celebrate, I've created a birthday themed treasury!

What have I got planned for this special day you ask...? A 2 hour strategy themed staff meeting in the morning at work, spending the whole day in the office ploughing through admin duties, then home to my lovely husband at some point in the evening to find out what he has been plotting over the last week or so - I can't get into the spare room - he has been locked in there doing "secret stuff", so I am curious to find out what he has been up to!

I may even take the night off from knitting.... might....

*** Had a fantastic night - went out for a meal with the hubby, bought me a new tea pot, posh tea and retro records and a record player - fab! ***

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Let us know what hubby's been doing in the spare room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I want to know too, what your hubby has be up to. I hope you had a great Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated 25th birthday. I just celebrated my 25th wedding anniversary. My how the years pass so quickly! Thoughtful new hubby you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid it was nothing exciting, I was just having a woeful attempt at wrapping presents, and trying to make the record player work!

    ReplyDelete